Monday, May 30, 2005

I've Been Passed a Baton

1. The person who passed the baton to you?
jenni , bless her heart (excellent blog).

2. Total volume of music files on your computer.
I really haven't got into downloading music files - simply play cds I have as well as CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) radio station.

3. The title and artist of the last CD you bought.
Fleist - a fantastic jazzy female artist with quirky songwriting abilities. She won a juno (canadian music award) this year, which was surprising given her non-mainstream creds. Play this cd lots.

4. Song playing at the moment of writing.
Well it's the morning & I've got CBC on, a documentary on Bosnia - lol. Unlike jenni, it is not silence I need to hear myself but rather a kind of white noise. Some how it shuts down the plethora of voices going on in my head all the time - don't ask - voices that make, for example, silent meditation difficult for me. When I do stick a cd in, I often leave it playing over & over & over while writing, at intervals clicking into what's on with my ears, but mostly just feeling the rhythms sort of unconsciously. Some faves I like to throw on: Feist, LHASA (album The Living Road, a montrealer who sings in english, french, & portuguese - mostly english), Pigeon Hole, Once Blue, Tom Waits Greatest Hits (!!!!) - a whole bunch of stuff, mostly women, with songs I really dig.

i'm passing this baton on to Jill , Laurel & ..M..

2 Comments:

Blogger LKD said...

Doh! Here, I've been passed the baton and I didn't even know it.

If you don't mind, I'll answer the questionaire here since my responses will be a total yawn:

1. Djuana (one of the poets I wanna be when I grow up) (smile)

2. Music files? On my computer? Call me clueless and low-tech in Canton, Ohio. The answer is zero. Big fat zero.

3. you are the quarry by Morrissey purchased more than a year ago

4. Right now? Do bird songs count? Not a note of music playing as I write this. But I hear a robin warbling.

See? I told ya: boring. Zzzzzzzz. I won't pass the baton onto anyone since everyone I would've passed it onto has already had a go at it.

How about an alternate answer to #4? The song that's been playing in my head the last few days is that song from the movie Boys Don't Cry:

"The bluest eyes in Texas are haunting me tonight..."

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

В последние пару лет отношения с женой незаметно охладели, я списывал совершенно на заботу о детях, собственноручно масса работаю. Она, сидя дома с детьми, познакомилась в интернете с другим. А в августе заявила, чтоб я искал себе отдельное жилье, а она выходит для работу затем двух декретов и разводится со мной. Я был простой убит тем, который стал ей не нужен... Вроде быть, люди, от меня уже ускользает смысл жизни, который прежде я видел в заботе о семье. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve/52-osobennosti-stroitelstva.html]ремонт квартир в новостройках[/url]

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home