Friday, May 20, 2005

Chasm




Chasm


Yes it's getting bad
but what can I do
when all I have are answers
to questions you won't ask
since you don't even see them
as questions worth breath.

You've managed of late
to unclench your heart
& oh - doesn't that feel good,
sleep & balm together
presided over by
a dull tooth of a star
with no intention of cutting
the night sky open.

I must be leaving out
something crucial - that must be it -
otherwise you'd understand
I don't elect to tell you this
for frivolous nothing.

I need a new line - the kind of line I hate -
one traveling comatose merely
to get to the other side.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Both, I just got them together.

1:38 AM  
Blogger :..M..: said...

Travelled a long way to get here, all by chance.

I absolutely loved this poem, it took my breath away. Loved the concluding lines -

"I need a new line - the kind of line I hate -
one traveling comatose merely
to get to the other side"

12:33 PM  
Blogger :..M..: said...

How I came across your blog, you asked.

Well, I was generally clicking the 'next blog' option when I came across a poetry blog. This blog had several links. I had liked the name of one of these links, hence clicking on it. This blog, too, had several links which eventually led me to you. So yeah, it's been a long journey!

Hope I didn't bore you.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home