Saturday, May 07, 2005

For Some Things It Doesn't Matter Which Season



For Some Things It Doesn't Matter Which Season



As snow falls on crusty streets,
too-dense angel hair thickening traffic,
tree fringe half-fried in ice,
I turn as if ready to meet
my maker on a whim – complete
surrender to my sense of cold as a howling catalyst
pock marking psyche.

Summer is friction & the yellow urban sky –
thin shirts, dusty seeds – all about
wedges of sunlight, exotic fruits
I can find & handle, cleave into,
the mouth made to matter,
evenings weary
as sweating brick.

But always in the thick of it:
itch of weather gone predictably haywire,
expectant times of day
like mood-strums, fault lines;
catch in the throat a hassle
of would-be closure crookedly
swallowing fey air.

4 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

The mouth made to matter. Wow. I'm just chewing on that thought! ;) your poems seem more relaxed, and open. all very good. i love them.

7:20 PM  
Blogger djuana said...

Thanks Jill - am pleased you are pleased.

xodj

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

God damn it's good to see you again. thanks for something beautiful, eloquent and patient enough to take with me to work tomorrow.

1:38 AM  
Blogger djuana said...

Hey there Kevin - thanks for the kind words. Ummmmmmmm - do we know eachother from somewhere - forgive me if I`ve forgotten - hang in there you - am going to give your blog a peek too - smile

dj

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home